Posted to alt.home.repair
Sawney Beane

Default UPS Fraud in Furnace Parts

Bubba wrote:

Still just more lines of utter nonsense.
$400 for a board that you could have gotten for $150. Are you
forgetting that you didnt know it was the board until the service man
diagnosed it and had the part on his truck? You didnt know what was
wrong and you didnt have that part in your basement stock, did you?

You seem to have difficulty reading. If I'm any judge of character
it's because your mind is chock full of pure knowledge.

I told the service man what the problem was. He asked me how I
knew. I told him about the thumb on the transformer. He told me I
was right.

You dont really think that a company on the internet is going to sell
you a board for the same price that a hvac company is going to charge
you when they have it on their truck and will install it with a
warranty do you?

The service man told me he'd have to order it and his price would
probably be a lot higher than what I'd found.

On top of that, you probably called him on a weekend. Do you think we
all sit next to the phone on the weekend waiting for your call so we
can spring from our chair and rush right out to your bull**** call.

I called him early on a Wednesday afternoon. He worked me in about
the middle of the next morning.

It was hilarious. My neighbor's air had gone out Sunday. He'd
called Monday. The reason the service man got to me in less than
24 hours was that he had to come to the neighborhood anyway, for my
neighbor, who had called 72 hours ago.

He came to my house first! My neighbor didn't think that was fair.
Then we shot the breeze half an hour as my neighbor paced his yard
across the street. Then the service man drove off without stopping
at my neighbor's! Eventually he came back and told my neighbor it
would cost him $8,000 and he couldn't get to it for a few days.

My neighbor was already pretty mad, so I lied. I told him the
service man had fixed mine and the temperature in my house was so
low I had to wipe condensation from the outside of my windows to
see out.

Id
bet you dont even service your unit and only wait till it breaks
before you start calling and begging someone to come to your rescue.

I used to have it serviced. I'd paid $300 for a new board in 1992
and again in 1995. When the board failed in 1998, I realized if I
wanted it done right, I'd better do it myself.

I could see that the factory service center had used zinc chloride
when they replaced the SCR. They hadn't washed it off. It had
drawn moisture from the humid air, which created acid, which ate
the traces. I was amazed at the cascade effect of the malfunction:
SCR, relay, rectifiers, snap diodes, a 32-pin DIP IC, and stuff I
don't remember.

The manufacturer treated the schematic as a secret, but as you
probably know, you can go online to get the specs for the
components, then use a dual-trace scope to find the problems. My
repair certainly outlasted the factory repairs for 1/10 the cash
outlay.

Now you say you went walking the neighborhood and asking everyone if
they had a service company they would recommend? You are so full of
****. You never did that. What? You trying to tell me that you live in
a town where everyone has a wood stove to heat their home?

I live in a town where people haven't had good experiences with
HVAC service.

I think you are a whinner.

I think you're a winner, too! If I'm any judge of character, your
contempt comes from having to deal with people who know much less
than you. I'll bet you do first-rate work. If you would post your
phone number, I could recommend you to my neighbors.