Ned Simmons

Default Miller control cables

In article ,
says...

However doing so will lead one to the conclusion that maybe
that two hundred dollar cable isn't robbery after all. I can
wire a multi-pin connector like that in a half hour or so,
but that's because I've done about a bazillion of them and
have a microscope and all the right tools and so on.

Why when I was a lad, we had to solder the Amphenol
connectors for Raytheon marine radars while lying on our
sides in a sail locker on a rocking boat. g These were
large multiconductor cables with multiple strands of coax
and several shields. The instructions were very detailed
and ran to several pages. I always considered it a minor
miracle when the radar actually worked after installation.

(the connector alone will cost about fifty bucks or so)

Another approach if the real amphenol connector is too expensive
is to purchase a generic connector like a Molex or a Connexall
from Newark and replace the receptacle on the welder.

The Amp circular plastic connectors are a pretty good
compromise. Not quite as rugged as the Amphenols, but very
reliable, easily available, and much less expensive.

Ned Simmons