Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default DC remote???

Marvin Wheeler said:

"Greg G." wrote in message
.. .
Geo said:

I know nothing about electrical loads, etc. so I bring this question to
the forum. Can those christmas light remote controls be used on dust
collectors? Presuming a 15A DC running on a 20A line, what are the
consequesnces of using an 8A remote? Thanks as always.

Early, even instantaneous, failure of the remote and possibly a fire.
False economy to save $50.

You would let the smoke out of it for sure.

Marv, that would be the Magic Black Smoke... ;-)

Another important consideration is that most of these Chinese
Christmas Light Remote things use a Triac for switching the lamps.
Not appropriate AT ALL for switching motor loads. They cost about
$3.00 to build, and are not worth every penny... g

FWIW,

Greg G.