Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.politics
The Real Bev

Default OT - Betting On Social Security?

John Chase wrote:

"The Real Bev" wrote:

The hard-core poor are mostly stupid. Stupid people used to die before
they were old enough to reproduce. We've changed all that. We keep them
alive, we keep their children alive and we keep their grandchildren alive.
We actually pay them to have more children.

Perhaps the humane thing is to allow them to move to special "cities" with
all the usual city things -- grocery stores, shops, movies, apartments,
TV, doctors, etc. -- with no requirement that the inhabitants be useful at
all. All will be provided. Classes for those who wish to improve will be
offered, along with scholarships to real schools to those who can qualify.
No poverty, no crime, no disease, no drugs and you can leave if you want
to but you may not return for 30 days.

Such a system has got to be better for them than what they have, and it
has to be cheaper than what we're doing now since we won't have to gear
everything to the lowest common denominator.

Can somebody tell me what's wrong with this scenario? Your turn.

USConst. Amdt. XIII.

What slavery or involuntary servitude? The place is voluntary. Come and go
as you please, with the proviso that if you go you can't come back for 30
days. Kids are forced to go to school now. Why not their underage mothers?
Or not. Nobody has to do anything. They're fed and clothed and housed and
entertained -- and perhaps educated if they so choose -- until they leave or
die. Up to them.

Oh yeah. No welfare payments outside. If you can't support yourself you can
move to the reservation and all your needs will be provided. Medical too.
Probably no gold star tooth implants, though.

Where in the thirteenth amendment does it say we have to support people who
won't support themselves? We'd be doing them a favor, not selling them into
slavery. I have no problem with keeping useless people alive as long as they
don't cause me any trouble, and I bet you feel the same way.

We can't make "You don't work, you don't eat" stick because we're squeamish
about having people drop dead in the streets. This is just a kinder solution
to the problem.

Next?

--
Cheers, Bev