Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default Clausing spindle bearings-help!

In article ,
says...

I dont know the nomenclature for front and back..but only know them as
thrust side and the other side G and the thrust side (often plainly
marked as such) need to be on the outside of the bearing stack, and
pulled together, then the entire bearing group held tightly in the
housing. Ball screw thrust bearing (double bearing) packs have a
removable "cover" that is held in place by bolts/screws that keep the
outer races held rigidly in place.often with a very thin spacer that
contacts only the facing faces G of the outer race.

Hope that helped, not confused..and that diagram in your link..is
as you indicated

That clears it up - I've just never seen the / notation to
indicate mounting arrangement. It seems the way to think about it is
that is a representation of the shape of the races, whereas the
notation I'm used to, as shown on that KOYO page, represents the contact
angle between the ball and races.

Ned Simmons