Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default BMW R100RS leaking rocker cover

On 4 Dec 2005 19:05:25 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article ,
says...

But he R90/6 shares more in common with the EL than anything else.
The pan gasket is cork, and the bolts holding it on go through into
the sump. Unless the bolt threads are sealed, the bolts that are
through-holes *will* weep.

Until it runs out of oil g. And I'll bet you a libation of choice
that given th' time and materials, you could come up with a leakproof
fastening design for that application too. Question is, is it worth
it?

Heh. I just coat the M6 screws that hold the sump on with RTV before
putting it together. Seems to work!

I knew it... you owe me a pair of ice cold Coors g.

Snarl