Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.politics
Rod Speed

Default OT - Betting On Social Security?

John R. Carroll wrote
Rod Speed wrote
John R. Carroll wrote
Rod Speed wrote
John R. Carroll wrote
Rod Speed wrote
John R. Carroll wrote
Rod Speed wrote
John R. Carroll wrote
Rod Speed wrote
F. George McDuffee wrote
John R. Carroll wrote

FWIW -- to be insane is not to be stupid. If you are smart
and insane, you are even more dangerous to the public.

I had him confused with one of the others, Zawahiri. My bad.

OK.

Given that, there is always insanity to contend with.

Atta wasnt insane. He just realised that that was
a very effective way to pull off what has been one
of the most effective acts of terrorism ever seen.

Tho I doubt he actually expected both
towers would implode like they did.

It still doesn't explain why he felt the need to make such a statement.

Just another of those fanatics who have decided that they want
to do the US in the eye and who are happy to die doing it.

The primary motivation with individuals like that is that they know
that the west has left the middle east for dead over the last half
a millennium or so, even if they dont actually realise that.

Israel really just gives them something to focus on.

That is true of the US too to a large extent.

It was utterly bizarre watching a recent doco on North Korea where
the fools sitting around in their units in the evening with power cuts
every evening, actually blamed the power cuts on the US.

With so many fools that far out of touch with
reality, a few manufacturing plants by GM and
GE aint actually gunna achieve a damned thing.

There is a real sense in which that sort of mentality
is what drove Japan half a century ago too and took
a couple of nukes to bring them to their senses. I
doubt even that would work in the middle east now.

Yes you did, you commented on it. Here it is again.

Quite a few of them just realise that its an approach that
is close to impossible to prevent, and they consider that
as long as they take lots of those they hate with them, that
they have achieved a lot more than they otherwise could.

I see.
My point of view is that they are trained in their hatred

Yes.

and there isn't much in the way of alternatives.

Yes. And a few manufacturing plants by GM and
GE aint actually gunna achieve a damned thing.

There is nothing that will make any real difference now.

It was purely the success of that suicide bombing
that produced the pullout. That fool ordered
shelling from ex WW2 battleships after that.

Even more futile.

Yes, a decision was forced.

And it was the effectiveness of that suicide mission that in
a real sense proved to those with a clue that it was a very
effective approach that was just about impossible to stop.

At least with what Atta got up to it isnt that hard to stop
more happening again. Israel developed very effective
ways of stopping anyone hijacking their aircraft and
they aint lost one in a hell of a long time now.

Suicide bombers who are prepared to blow themselves
to bits is a whole nother ballgame, essentially impossible
to stop except in a very homogenous country like Japan.

And lets not forget that they had their
own rabid fanatics in the runup to WW2.

There isn't, or wasn't at least, anything in Iraq either.

There was in Afghanistan.

Yes and it's back, in spades if you will.

No it isnt, the Talibums aint back.

Their warlords are running the place again and the
Taliban was little more than a fundamentalist political party.

Bull****. It was quite an effective military system, just hopeless
against a properly organised western military system.

They were tolerated because they didn't interfere with production.

Wrong again.

The "it" that's back is heroine.

Afghanistan wasnt about heroin.

It's back because people need to eat.

They ate before they exported heroin.

Not really

Corse they did.

and certainly not recently.

Only 50 years ago.

It had become their cash crop and was a majority of the countries GNP.

Yes, but the GNP is irrelevant with places like that.

Until an alternative exists on the economic front, nothing much is
going to change there. They will likely be a little more circumspect
about the activities of foreigners within their borders, however.

And that was what it was about, stopping
bin Laden from operating from there.

THAT worked.

He won't be back and that's for sure. There really isn't any need for
those camps anyway. Iraq is a much more suitable training ground and
we have gone to great expense to provide a fully equipped OPFOR.

It aint a training ground for the fools that bin Laden lit a fire under.

He's getting a good look at our goodies.

Those goodies are completely irrelevant
to an operation that uses car bombs.

We are even assuring the world that we intend
to continue to do so come hell or high water.

The same claim was made about Vietnam too.

They didn't take out a target, they "saved" themselves. LOL
Nice "save" wouldn't you say...

They clearly wasted their fodder very spectacularly indeed.

Jones gave the authorities the ultimate up yours.

Yes, when they were silly enough to not let him do what he liked there.

And there were no 'authoritys' involved, just
that fool Ryan who got a tad of a surprise.

I don't think he had a bigger purpose than that.

That was never his purpose. He just wanted to
run his own operation there and to be left alone.

Those operations ALWAYS implode, often surprisingly quickly, if left alone.