Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Honda powered pressure washer question

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 03:14:17 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

A client asked me to take a look/repair his honda powered (5hp)
pressure washer. Said he loaned it to an employee..that individual
said it ran then quit. When client fired it up..said it sounded like
baking powder can full of marbles.

I pulled it through..felt like it had sufficeient compression, then
took it outside to load in the truck. On a whim..I checked the
oil..and as I unscrewed the dip stick..a fountain of gasoline came out
the crank case. Like 2 gallons

Sounds like a bad needle/seat contact in th' floatbowl.

Any ideas of where to start looking, or what the chances of the
bearings being washed out are?

Cheap and dirty; first I'd drain th' oil/gas, then add oil and a small
amount of fuel and fire it up. Depending on what it sounds like would
determine further work like replacing th' needle and seat, adding an
inline fuel filter (if possible and it doesn't have one), running it
for a bit and changing th' oil out again. If it sounds like ****, I'd
write it off.

Snarl