Posted to uk.d-i-y
somebody

Default Conservatory Heating - exploring the possibilities

In message .com,
writes
Hi Folks,
Just mumbling out loud here to see what others think:

[snip]
This has caused me to think seriously about heating the new space. I've
never owned
a conservatory before, so it's all new to me.

Present proposition is to add three wall radiators to the dwarf-walled
conservatory
and run these off my mains gas wet central heating system.

[snip]

I don't know the size/makeup of your proposed conservatory, but please
bear the following in mind....

In our 2.5m x 7m conservatory, using our radio thermostat (cm67), it
could take up to four hours to get the conservatory to a reasonable temp
(not warm, just liveable). That's with a nice big double rad in there.

During those fours hours, the boiler would be running non stop. If you
fancied just popping in there of an evening at this time of year...
forget it. On a seperate note, the rest of the house would be cooking at
the time.

In the end we bought a 1.8Kw ceramic fan assisted heater from Argos (30
quid) and it now takes 10 to 15 minutes to bring it up to 22 degrees
(our stat temperature in the house).

To be honest, I think using one of them 'as and when' may be your better
bet.
Someone