Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Adeqiate venting in the attic

A friend is getting a new roof. She has a gable vent at each end of
the unfinisthed attic, about 40 feet from end to end, but I wondered
if it would still help to put a ridge vent along the ridge. What do
you think?

It's a one story house with basement. She runs the AC all summer.
She seems to have aluminum trim on all the soffitts, and I didn't see
any venting there, but it was practically dark out. At any rate, if
she needs more soffitt venting, it isn't an especially good time just
because she's getting a new roof, is it? She coudl as easily do it
later??

Same friend who had to pick a roof color:

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.