keith bowers

Default Shop Power

I am starting to plan the power for my new shop which will be 65 feet away
from the house and across the driveway. The shop will run off the 200 Amp
service for the main house. The total cable length from the meter box to a
lug box in the shop will be approximately 120 feet. The first 45 feet will
run through the basement of the house. The rest of the run will be
underground in 2 inch plastic conduit. I plan to run from a 100 Amp breaker
with three 2-0 (00) wires (hot-neutral-hot) and a single #6 for safety
ground (green). I will probably drive a 10 foot ground rod at the shop too.
Note the neutral WILL NOT be connected to the shop ground rod. I found
several nice new, sealed 90' rolls of 2-0 at the reclamation yard for $25
each last year. Regulations in my area are such that I don't have to have
inspections. Does anyone see a problem?
--
Keith Bowers - Thomasville, NC