Posted to alt.home.repair
Robertm

Default Tree removal Cost Question

"m Ransley" wrote in message
It depends on their work load and what they think you will pay. "My"
tree trimmer quoted me a price of 1100 last year now he wanted 2000, I
made a few calls and got it done for 1200. Be sure thay have insurance
and sign a statement to that effect. Years ago I had a bid of 7500 but
got the work done wery vell for 3500. Tree guys charge whatever they
can.

The thing about tree people (and most contractors) is that you have to stay
on them and watch everything they do or it won't be done right. I've had
three different tree services and none of them completed the job without
some pushing. The last guy did ten trees with agreed cleanup. He didn't
bother cleaning up the smaller branches (12 feet long) and came up to the
house to get paid. He stood there like he was all done and said, "Well, I
guess that does it, how's it look?" I replied, "Coming along good, looks
like you're about half done." Then I closed the door and left him standing
there. He went back down the holler and I heard him tell his crew that this
guy wants all the stuff cleaned up. When he came back the second time, it
was done right. I gave each crew member a $20 tip and thanked them for the
good job. Next year when he does the next 10 trees, he'll be aware of the
rules.

Bob