Posted to sci.electronics.repair
maxfoo

Default Repost, sony DVD player

On 21 Oct 2005 11:31:28 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi all
I'm reposting this in the hopes that perhaps someone who can help may
see it now who didn't before.
I have a sony DVD player model DVP-S530D that I replaced the motor in
about 4 months ago. I just got it back and the laser is bad. Sony gets
about 60.00 my cost for a replacement. Apparently these motors are
problematic and I have heard that there are perhaps a lot of units out
there with good lasers and bad motors. I was wondering if anyone might
have any. This is no longer in warranty and the current failure is not
related to what I repaired, however I wouldn't feel right about
charging the customer full price again. She is very upset over this as
you can well imagine and if I can find a way to crawl out of this with
just a little bit of dignity and minor expense, it would be wonderful.
Thanks very much for any assistance, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

maybe 2 fuses are blown check this site for details.
http://www.vianet.net.au/~redfed/