Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Dust

"Sniperborg" wrote in message

Hi
I was just wondering which route i should go down first for dust when
finishing. Either a full face mask with built in respirator or dust
extractor such as the camvac dust extractor.
I'm turning for a hobby and have a sealey sm900 lathe and a wet and dry
axminster grinder so far. I use paper masks and a broom for the shed
floor.
Your thoughts please
Mark

Dust extraction at point of production works very well, can be combined with
a nuisance (paper) mask for additional personal protection. It's the way
that keeps the shop in best condition for the money.

Dryer vent works for me.
http://groups.msn.com/NovaOwners/geo...to&PhotoID=227
Nothing will keep up with shaving production, so move it into position as
you begin to sand.