Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf

Default New general workbench project NEED HELP!!

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 15:02:16 GMT, lid (realeyz) wrote:

Hi guys!
I am somewhat new to woodworking and have been spending a lot of time
designing this bench. It will be permanent and attached to the garage
walls. This isnt a woodworking bench speciically (I will build one of
those later for the center of the garage) I would like to get some
feedback and suggestions on wood types and other possible
considerations for the construction. I want the wood to be heavy but
not too expensive (maybe cedar).

Make the top of double or triple thickness of plywood or MDF with
replaceable1/4 masonite over it, edge with hardwood. That's all the
weight you'll need.

-Leuf