Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.politics
John R. Carroll

Default OT - Betting On Social Security?

Rod Speed wrote:
John R. Carroll wrote
Rod Speed wrote
F. George McDuffee wrote
John R. Carroll wrote

FWIW -- to be insane is not to be stupid. If you are smart
and insane, you are even more dangerous to the public.

Terrorists who are stupid enough to buy the line that blowing
themselves to bits will see an instant transport to nirvana in
spades.

People who perpetrate suicide attacks are acting on the belief that
their deaths will have more purpose than their lives ever could have.

Or they 'think' that, anyway. Quite a few end up with just as
completely pointless a death as their pathetic excuse for a 'life'
before that, most obviously with those who make a complete hash of
blowing themselves
to bits and only succeed in killing themselves and no one else etc.

Yes, they think that way. You have made my point for me. The disconnect is
complete. People used to think the earth was flat as well.
In this case, their perception becomes our reality to some degree. We are
the ones cleaning up after all.

This would all stop in a heartbeat if we were to have GM and GE build a
bunch of manufacturing capacity in the affected areas.
People would be to busy learning, working and actually improving the quality
of their existence to give any thought to blowing up anything. They'd have a
less violent and more stable means to attain their goals.

They aren't looking for any sort of future whatever - "in spades"
or otherwise - and this is one of the hurdles understanding this
behavior presents. You and I can't imagine that mind set.

Wrong. Its perfectly obvious what is driving that mind set.

Great, I'll be paying close attention to your explanation. You do have one
don't you?
If not, you are just talking out of your ass.

We always have at least a little hope, they don't have that same
hope.

Its much more complicated than that too, most obviously when
suicide missions become part of the way their society operates.

It is indeed but that's the basis. The behavior becomes ingrained over time
because it produces the desired result.

That makes them easy targets to convert. Check out an AA or Christian
revival meeting sometime and you will see something along these
lines.

Nope, nothing like it. Hardly any of those blow themselves to bits.

Only because their hopelessness is replaced with something else. A cult is
still a cult, regardless, and the condition of the initiates is what we are
discussing here not the comparative results.

reams of your puerile **** any 2 year old
could leave for dead flushed where it belongs

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.