Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.politics
lazyike67

Default OT - Betting On Social Security?

F. George McDuffee wrote:

snip

Major contributing factor is the lack of contribution to the
US Social Security fund by manufacturing labor for products
consumed in the US because of off-shore sourcing.

Mindless stuff. Thats been a tiny part of the workforce for decades now.

This is another of the "off the books" costs that make
the initial cost cheap import goods so expensive in total.

Pig ignorant lie.

snip
Even worse --- because the employees and employers both pay about
7% of wages up to some cutoff point, when some company announces
they "saved" a billion dollars in labor costs, that's 140 million
that the Social Security Trust Fund *WON'T* get, even if the jobs
stay in the US. The SSTA loss will be lower but still
substantial if the company is including fringe benefits, etc. in
their projected "savings." This is in addition to the losses due
to off-shore labor produced goods. The loss of overtime pay also
appears to have had an impact.

USA is now projected to be the "Argentina" of the north in 2035
because of its uncontrolled federal budget and current account
trade deficits.

The Federal debt has long been dismissed as a major problem
because "we owe it to ourselves." Latest data shows this is no
longer the case.

Uncle George

George the simple answer here is to get rid of these Free Ride
Republicans. Get the government back into Democrat hands...
Yes this will mean that taxes go up.. Yes eventually when we have a
surplus again the spending will go up.

I bet Under a Democratically held Government Social Security will have a
surplus within 4-8 years of the election. The War on terror will end in
victory after 4 years Iraq will also be liberated & self Governing as
will Afghanistan.

We will have MAJOR job growth as a tax on foreign labor will be passed
requiring businesses who move companies to Mexico & Asia are taxed $2000
PER WORKER. Of course a $2500 tax break will be given to those companies
who move factories here & hire American workers.

Our Government will again become eco-friendly adding to the job market.
Our food supply will again be the best in the world as more inspectors
hit the ground running.

Our Education will vastly change as an emphasis is placed on Science
& Technology. Within 8 years alternative fuel will become the Rule.
The US will again see a boom as we corner the market on man made oil
that sells for $10 a barrel.

The Wildlife industries like Fishing, Hunting, Trapping will re-emerge
with herds & schools of farm raised & released critters.

It will be safe again to eat as much sea food as one wishes under DNC
America.

Drug Prices will drop when the markets are opened to competition.

Only you Welfare Queen Republicans will suffer... Then that is as it
should be.

Ike