Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rubbish disposal, government regs and local councils

On 4 Dec 2005 06:54:23 -0800, wrote:

I recall more than one occasion when several lorry loads of paper were
landfilled because the paper mills were so swamped with incoming
material that they were unable to take it. That's the sort of cock-up
that occurs when strategists plan short-term.

It was recently suggested that within the next 10 years all the land
fill sites will be full.

My partner and I used to produce around 1 wheeley bin of rubbish per
week.

We now recycle our paper, cardboard, glass, steel and aluminium. We
now produce 1 wheeley bin of rubbish per month.

Graham