Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Sewell

Default Maybe my tv wants to kill me!

Hi,
I was getting a bit cheesed off with receiving a shock everytime I plugged
my communal aerial into any devices connected to my tv. I have been blaming
the aerial system for the problem. So, I decided to carry out a quick
investigation with a humble neon screwdriver. I found that the scart
earthing from the tv (Sharp model 28lf92H) was live.
I am puzzled as to how this can be. Would a simple mains input reversal to
the tv solve the problem? I think I may have a pdf file of the manual for
this set somewhere if need be, but my serving skills are a bit rusty after
years of non activity. Any pointers in the right direction are most
gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
David