Posted to rec.woodworking
mike

Default WalMart redux

"TeamCasa" wrote in
:

"Ba r r y"
At work, I buy test sets that cost $30,000 each. Occasionally, I buy
as many as ten at a time. They get paid for with a corporate check
from our AP dept. There is no extra paperwork.

I bought a new Toyota pickup in March with a personal check. There
was no extra paperwork.

The down payment on my home was a certified check from my account,
the rest was a check from the mortgage holder. The only extra
paperwork I had to file was to certify to the lender that I didn't
borrow the down payment.

Seeing a pattern? G

The check IS the paper trail. The IRS paperwork is used in cash
transactions.

Barry

The 8300 IRS form is not a form the buyer ever sees. I am a car
dealer, believe me we file the forms. We are not allowed by law to
even tell you we are filing it. Not to mention we have to keep it on
file for five years!

Dave

Form 8300; All parts must be filed for all Cash transactions over $10,000.
the term Cash means the following; U.S. and Foreign coin and currency
received in any transaction. A cashiers check, money order, bank draft, or
travellers check having a face value of $10,000 or less that is received in
the cash transaction that collectively exceeds $10,000. Cash does not
include a check drawn on the payers own account, such as a personal check
or business check, regardles of the amount, nor an inter bank transfer.
Cash does not include coin, cashiers check, money order, bank draft or
travellers check if it constitutes the proceeds of a US sourced bank loan.
The receipient of the payment received in trade or business must file the
form 8300.