Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow

Default WalMart redux

"Han" wrote in message

I agree with your wish of bewns for the HR manager, but I have a thought:
With a $10K limit above which monetary transactions have to be reported
to thwe Feds somewhere somehow, would it not have been wise to call ahead
and see whether a check would be acceptable payment?

The $10 limit has to do with bank deposits/withdraws not with commercial or
even private transactions. No, it would not really have been any more
prudent to call ahead. Corporations issue checks in the mega buck range on
an hourly basis. Though... I'll admit that my first thought when reading
Charlie's post was - why didn't GAF cut a PO? That's more the normal
process.

--

-Mike-