Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Keeley

Default Clausing spindle bearings-help!

Oh, now see, don't think I've ever seen a resilient base motor, mines
definately a rigid base with the NEMA 56 frame. Thanks for the help!

"Abrasha" wrote in message
Terry Keeley wrote:

I've got a new Leeson 1/2 HP to go on it, woulda used a 3/4 HP but this

one
came cheap, not sure what you mean by a RIGID base but it has the

standard
mounting frame.

Check out this page: http://www.intea.hr/Baldor_pdf/ca453.pdf

Go to page 7 of 16. The photo is of a resilient base motor. AS you can
see, the base is a cradle that holds the motor around the shaft. On
both ends the motor is mounted in a thick rubber rings, which allows for
a certain amount of movement.

This is a rigid base motor: http://tinyurl.com/8vgzc The base is
welded to the motor.

Or look here http://www.leeson.com/products/techref/mechanical.htm
Read under: "Type of mounts"

Rigid base
Is bolted, welded or cast on main frame and allows motor to be rigidly
mounted on equipment.

Resilient base
Has isolation or resilient rings between motor mounting hubs and base to
absorb vibration and noise. A conductor is imbedded in the ring to
complete the circuit for grounding purposes.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com