Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default Rubbish disposal, government regs and local councils

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson writes:

And garden waste, which our local council has started collecting every
two weeks for composting. The compost is then sold back to Joe Public
at two quid a bag...

Yes, of the two local councils I'm familiar with, one does this
and makes a profit out of it, which is fine by me. The other one
charges £25 for a bag which lasts a year and is collected
every other week. I suspect most people just hide their garden
refuse in the regular rubbish.

It's looking like most councils will be changing the regular
refuse collection to every two weeks over the next year.

--
Andrew Gabriel