Posted to misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

Default UPS Fraud in Furnace Parts

"Colbyt" wrote in message
news:HYrkf.619817$xm3.495764@attbi_s21...

"CBHVAC" wrote in message

Done what you should have done then....paid the nice man to come install

one
with a warranty....
I mean....the GOOD replacement ignitors are not that much...and I have a
feeling you paid more than $20 for the one you got that was broken.

Normally I never disagree with you, CBHVAC because you do offer some good
free advice now and then. I know the cost on them is 15-20$ but is that
what
you sell them for "off the truck"? Around here most of the hvac guy
double
the msrp and sell them for about $75 plus the service call charge.

Colbyt

It depends....really. Some of those damn things cost more than $25...but
installed?
Depends...if its a simple one, reach in and pull a 1/4 inch screw, unplug a
molex and reverse, and out in 15 minutes...ive done it for free for some
folks...pay for the part...my cost, and remember me when its something
else..
Off the truck, under $20 for the cheaper ones....and if its just a quickie
like that..under $75....
Ceramic ones...maybe $30..not installed, but about the same installed if
there is one that can be put in the same place...with the same base.
I dont use that flat rate ****....sometimes, more often than not, it screws
the customer.