Posted to alt.home.repair
jdk

Default Hard Wood Floor Question

Bill wrote:
My 2 year old son and his toys have created all kinds of superficial
scratches in my hardwood floor. No gouges, just a lot of scratches when
seen from a certain angle.

It's been about 5 years (possibly more) since the wood was last sanded or
protected with eurothane or anything.

Is it better to sand & seal the floor now, or wait a few years until his
slamming toys on the floor phase is over?

How much does a fresh coat of eutothane protect the wood from 2 year olds
and their toys?

Thanks

if the scratch is to bare wood, fine a small one. ruff it up with fine
sand paper and put the same poly on it. gloss or semi gloss. scratches
will always happen. i have gouges from dogs. adds character. also fine
out if it was water or solvent poly used first. solvent gives a amber
color to wood, water does not.