Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom MacIntyre

Default RCA TV F31224GG / CTC169AT2 Dead

On 3 Dec 2005 04:05:01 -0800, "JoeNezz" wrote:

I have an rca tv with ctc169at2 chassis
The set is dead, the normal 1 second sound of the power supply charging
can be heard
when the line coard is connected, but after that nothing, no relay , no
buzzing or cycling, it does not attempt to start in any way.
so far all I have doen is check the Hor Out transistor & it tests fine.
I repaired a tone of bad solder joints but still no go.

A ton of bad solder joints in a 169?

Tom

does any one have any ideas as to what might cause this problem or
where I should start looking as I have no schematics for this chassis?

Thanks in advance, Roger