Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom MacIntyre

Default Electrically conductive paint?

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 21:10:59 GMT, "Dallas"
wrote:

In between most key pads and the circuit board below is a vinyl (rubber)
membrane pad that has an electrically conductive area that closes two
contact points on the circuit board below . (Like on the inside of a TV
remote under the push buttons)

I have a device on-off switch that is failing because the black conductive
surface is wearing off. What I am looking for is that conductive paint so I
can dab a bit back on to the contacting surface area to make the switch work
again.

Does anyone know where to get something like that?

I wonder if the stuff to repair rear window defogger strips will work
for this? Has anyone tried that? Can you still get it?

Tom

Dallas