Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

Default WalMart redux

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:59:02 GMT, "Frank Ketchum"
wrote:

"Charlie Self" wrote in message
oups.com...

When the
cops got there, one of them grabbed the guy, and told them, "We need to
see about that forged check you brought in here."

The HR manager is black. The check is good.

It was spent at Target, according to the story.

Did they call the cops because they thought a black person couldn't have
access to those resources? Does the story say that? Or has it gotten to
the point that as long as you are black, everything that happens to you is
automatically racially motivated?

It's been that way for a long time. I firmly believe from personal
experience that a large majority of "racial" difficulties allegedly
experienced by blacks are exactly the same sort of experiences all of
us have. But if you've been raised to be black, that is, to be
offended and oppressed, you can apply no other interpretation to the
act.

I'd like to know how the transaction escalated to the level of police
involvement. I wonder if there was a little "attitude" expressed
somewhere in it.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net