Posted to rec.woodworking
J & K Tomalonis

Default Grizzly G5959Z 5hp table saw

"Frank Ketchum" wrote in message
k.net...

3) At 5hp the saw draws 27amps. The data sheet says to use a 30 amp
breaker. I believe for a machine of this size, you are not supposed to
use an extension cord, but rather hard pipe the power to it. Anyone know
if this is true?

I run various heavy amp tools outside via some nice # 8 flexible extension
cord I made up to plug into my arc welder's outlet.

I can see no voltage drop for the distance I run. That wire runs my "big"
pressure washer, planer or a unisaw easily.

It's easy enough to look up the wire size you need if you are planning on
long runs.

Sometimes it's nice to wheel out of doors if I'm in for a huge cloud of
sawdust.

James