Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Keeley

Default Clausing spindle bearings-help!

Just curious, are those angular contact bearings? I can't find those
numbers in the catalogue. The Fafnir numbers I'm getting are more like
2MM205WICRDUL, that's for a 25deg. Class 7 bearing.

You've got me - I'm no bearing expert.

It looks like they are a light duty (72), 25 mm (05), angular contact (WN)
bearing, external self-aligning (S) - but no mention of what the "U" might
stand for.

I'm actually finding that a 15degree contact angle might be better for a
milling machine as it can take higher radial loads with less deflection, 25
degree and up are better for axial loads.