Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

Default Rubbish disposal, government regs and local councils

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 00:21:30 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

We had a glass/cans/paper collection bin provided recently. The idea
being you collect such items in this bin and it gets emptied on the same
day as the bins every other week.

So far so good. But I do wonder how much environmental cost is there in
everyone using now washing up cans and bottles that would previously
have just been binned, on the grounds that they don't want soiled
containers sitting about in the open air for a fortnight?

We've had the same thing for a while now. They expect you to cut
windows out of envelopes before "recycling" them. Sod that.

I rarely use the recycling box - I walk a couple of hundred yards to
Sainsbury's where there are recycling bin-type-thingies.

And I rinse jars out, but never wash up cans.

--
Frank Erskine