Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Redo cottage cheese ceiling?

Tim Killian wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

What the heck is a cottage cheese ceiling?

a ceiling that looks like someone spread white popcorn all over it.

People who install such ceilings should be asked "Why do you hate
people you've never even met?", specifically, whoever buys your house.

Builders out here love the stuff. Almost every McMansion has "textured"
ceilings and walls, and the buyers think they're getting something
special -- LOL! The same crew of Mexicans who spray the fake stucco
outside bring their hopper guns indoors, reload with drywall mud, and
let it rip.

I think it's because then they can do shoddy tape and float, which would
take time to do right.