Posted to alt.home.repair
IT Professional

Default Movement in 6 year old house

I live in a relatively new home (built in 2000) on a post tension
concrete slab. I am now noticing that some of the upstairs doors do
not close properly and I am seeing a few cracks in the interior walls
and one area of the landing appears to be uneven. The brick exterior
however does not have any cracks.

I want to bring in some foundation "experts" to asses whats happening
and how I can reverse the movement but would to like to know more
myself about what's happening before I talk to anyone.

Can this movement be stopped and even reversed? Why is it moving? I
thought a post tension slab is supposed to stop movement from
happening? Could the slab be cracked?

Anyone any ideas what's happening here?