Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Vaughn

Default Honda eu 2000 Generator

wrote in message

I stand corrected. The note on page 14 of the on-line user's manual says
the receptacle grounds are connected to the frame, and the wiring diagram
on page 54 shows that, but I couldn't find any warning not to connect the
rectangular pins to the ground, and Vaughn does this, so it seems OK :-)

I think there may have been such an issue with the early versions of the
inverter generators. Anyhow, page 18 specifically addresses connecting the
generator to a building electrical system. Basically, it just tells you to use
a transfer panel.

Since the neutral is not connected to the ground internally in the
generator (also P. 18) you may measure virtually anything (or nothing) from
either power terminal to ground if you are using a sensitive meter. To see if
that voltage is "real" (and not just a bit of leakage) use an incandescent test
lamp instead of a meter.

Vaughn

Nick