Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower

Default Water heater wiring for generator hookup and to 120 VAC power?

Plus, does it pay off to work so hard to make an exhaust piping system
for something that may not be likely to live long.

I changed my exhaust to a 3/4" copper ell and tubing 8" in length.
Slotted the end of the ell and used a SS hose clamp it to the steel
exhaust.
Just friction tween the ell and the tube.

The other end goes through a 3/4" hole in a little 1/8" thick rectangle
of sheet of asbestos board (from a kiln) attached to a 6" high x 36"
wide sheet of plywood that seals the single hung window.

I ran it for 30 minutes today and I could not detect any leaks or
shifting.

Not a lot of work.

BTW The generator ran for 30 minutes and nobody in my house even
noticed it running.