Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower

Default Honda eu 2000 Generator

Vaughn wrote:

The ground isn't bonded to the neutral, with 60 volts from each pin to
neutral, so a grounded plug into a wall socket would damage the inverter,
so it needs to float or use an external isolation transformer.

Nonsense. I plug mine into my transfer panal all the time.

Hmmm. I'll check further. I got this from Maurice Higgins, who put those
homemade parallel cable pictures on the web site. And IIRC, the EU2000
user's manual mentions this...

Then again, PECO's off-peak rate is about 6 cents./kWh, so 5.5 isn't a big
savings. Maybe the gas water heater should be part of a woodstove chimney,
with a draft suction fan at the bottom and 3" galvanized pipe popped into
the flue with the edges unsnapped to lessen liquid creosote corrosion.

Nick