Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Can you make a profit?

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 12:25:33 -0500, "George" George@least wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
I made over
$300 this month from sales at an "honor system" at a local school's break
room..
and it was all stuff that I did a year or so ago and thought really
sucked..
*lol*
That's not bad, IMO, since there is no expense for a booth, travel, food,
etc...

You were lucky, though, to tell the truth, It was pretty well-known that
anyone who wanted it could take the bowl, too, when I brought the treat.
Sometimes the bowl was stolen before the candy or cookies it contained were
gone. I still have teachers stop by at a local show I do to continue the
collection of ornaments they began back then. I usually charge for them
now, of course.

yep.. that's why I sent in mostly stuff from a year or so ago.. my "stain and
poly" period...
We agreed that it was an honor system and that I wouldn't send anything that I'd
be upset losing and that she wasn't liable for any loses...
As of yesterday, her sales up to almost $400 and I'm getting a little more shelf
space in the shop.. *g*

I also decided not to send any small stuff like jars, boxes, mini-bowls, etc...
just to easy to pocket and forget paying for..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing