Posted to rec.woodworking
Dhakala

Default WalMart redux

Charlie Self wrote:
I read a story in today's Roanoke paper that says a Tampa, FL WalMart
managed to stick its footsies in the fire again. The store staff
checked ID--driver's license, business card, a call to the company
accountant--for a human resources manager for GAF, but decided to hold
on to his $13,600 company check, and the 530+ WM gift cards he'd had
pre-printed for his employees, while they called the cops. When the
cops got there, one of them grabbed the guy, and told them, "We need to
see about that forged check you brought in here."

The HR manager is black. The check is good.

It was spent at Target, according to the story.

I hope the HR manager grabs a large pot of beans off WalMart's legal
stove with this one, and sues the living **** out of the deputy and the
municipality for which acts as a paid thug.

The story also says the HR manager was stalled for about 2 hours -
which is about 1 hour and 55 minutes longer than I would wait for
someone to accept my $13,600!

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/13316814.htm