Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,alt.politics
The Real Bev

Default OT - Betting On Social Security?

Janie wrote:

...It certainly does seem that way. Think
about it: The poorest people end up paying the highest rates for credit
because they are most likely to end up missing a credit account payment
because the money had to be used for some emergency. And poorer people have
many more financial emergencies than the wealthy! . Today it isn't just one
account that increases the interest but perhaps all of them. And who gets
the interest, the banks of course! And who owns the banks--the wealthy...

remainder snipped

The hard-core poor are mostly stupid. Stupid people used to die before they
were old enough to reproduce. We've changed all that. We keep them alive, we
keep their children alive and we keep their grandchildren alive. We actually
pay them to have more children.

Perhaps the humane thing is to allow them to move to special "cities" with all
the usual city things -- grocery stores, shops, movies, apartments, TV,
doctors, etc. -- with no requirement that the inhabitants be useful at all.
All will be provided. Classes for those who wish to improve will be offered,
along with scholarships to real schools to those who can qualify. No poverty,
no crime, no disease, no drugs and you can leave if you want to but you may
not return for 30 days.

Such a system has got to be better for them than what they have, and it has to
be cheaper than what we're doing now since we won't have to gear everything to
the lowest common denominator.

Can somebody tell me what's wrong with this scenario? Your turn.

--
Cheers,
Bev