Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister

Default Fridge cleaning.

Chris Bacon wrote:

S Viemeister wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
What is a good thing to clean the inside of refrigerators?

Some fridges have little drainholes at the bottom - they can get clogged
with icky stuff, and cause a big stink, even if the rest of the fridge is
spotless.

The little drain hole in this one is easy to see, & I've poked
a straw down it - I can't smell "the smell" outside the fridge,
either - when I cleaned it (both times) the inside was left dry.
This is hell - I *hate* cleaning fridges (but I hate this smell
more, it's turned the fridge into a tool for spoiling food -
it gets into the butter, and everything - Gah!).

Even when the little hole _seems_ to be clean - it may harbour stink. I've
used warm vinegar and bicarb/baking soda to bubble stuff out. Poke some
soda in the hole, then follow with a little pour of the vinegar, let
bubble, scrub with a pipecleaner or tiny brush, and rinse with plain
water. It's always worked in the past. Wouldn't hurt to try.....