Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default Rubbish disposal, government regs and local councils

In article ,
Owain writes:

I don't know when it comes in, but I think WEE (waste electrical

It just got postponed again in the UK, IIRC from Janurary 2006 to
June 2006, because no one's even remotely ready for it (and I think
it's WEEE). Government hasn't yet started setting up its register
of manufacturers/importers, AFAIK. However, much of the rest of
the EU is in the same position.

equipment) regulations mean the seller of the new one will have to take
the old one back.

It means the manufacturer (or importer) is responsible for disposal.
In practice, it may be implemented as you suggest.

--
Andrew Gabriel