Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Kitchen sink types

Rex wrote:

I noticed I don't really have a use for the partition in the middle of the
sink splitting it into two small sections. I was going to get a new sink
with one large section and one small section, then thought it might be good
to just have one giant sink without a partition at all.
Is this problem at resale time?
Is there another common purpose for having a split sink other than to have
soapy water and rinse water separation for hand washing?

I almost always have soapy water in one sink while I am cooking or
baking, so's I can keep dishes washed and wipe up spills. If I had only
one sink, I could not do that or I would have to use dishpan (ugly!).
Also need to rinse more dishes or clean veggies while dish washing is
going on. I think it would be PIA to have only one sink. Hubby
convinced me to get deeper sink when we remodeled, and we have a high
faucet, the kind that is "U" shaped, and it is real handy for large
pots. Our sink is 9", I believe. Deeper would be too low for me
because I am tall. I like the sinks with drainboard, as most of our
dishes drain dry because I am too lazy to load the dishwasher.
Dishwasher requires almost as much work and water as doing it the
old-fashioned way )