Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

Default Kitchen sink types

In article , Rex says...

I noticed I don't really have a use for the partition in the middle of the
sink splitting it into two small sections. I was going to get a new sink
with one large section and one small section, then thought it might be good
to just have one giant sink without a partition at all.
Is this problem at resale time?
Is there another common purpose for having a split sink other than to have
soapy water and rinse water separation for hand washing?

It's also for things like having a place to rinse and peel vegetables whilst
having a pan soak or a partner drains pasta. Stuff like that.

But in my remod I'm going for a big sink, and will invest in some stainless
steel tubs for when I need separation (won't have drains, though).

Others will have to respond regarding refitting the new sink.

Banty