Posted to alt.home.repair
Sawney Beane

Default UPS Fraud in Furnace Parts

Bubba wrote:

So many lines of uttter bull****. You are a tight ass and got exactly
what you paid for. A good HVAC company will have almost every igniter
on their truck (or at least one that will work over the weekend). I
can get any parts house to open up at night or on a weekend for a fee
of $0 to $100 depending on the store. You are cheap and didnt want to
do it and didnt want to pay a guy overtime. Spend the money or go play
on the internet. Its you choice. Just stop whinnin and bitchin like
its someone else's fault.
ITS YOURS.
Bubba

Hello, Troll.

There's one company in this area that services my brand. In June I
paid them $400 for a board I could have bought for $150. I figured
meeting their price was like paying a laywer a retainer. If I had
an emergency, they'd know I was a customer.

When my furnace wouldn't burn, I didn't think about the internet.
I phoned the HVAC company. Their machine gave me a cell phone
number. I called that number and got another machine. I explained
that my house was cold and I needed an ignitor. I sat in the cold
by the phone two hours, waiting.

I would have been willing to wait until Monday or later to get
heat, but it looked as these people were not even willing to talk
to me. Did I go shopping online? No, I went around the
neighborhood asking if anyone could recommend an HVAC man. I
didn't get a single lead.

I returned home and found that somebody had hung up on my answering
machine. I called friends and relatives. The only recommendation
I got was for a part-time HVAC man who lived 50 miles away and
didn't deal with my brand.

That's when I went online. Four days later I phoned the HVAC
company where I used to be a generous customer. The woman
recognized my voice and said she had returned my call Saturday but
got my answering machine. That was her excuse for not being
willing to speak to me when I needed help.

The high markup I paid her company was money down the toilet.
Judging by the number of recommendations I got, arrogance like
yours and hers must be very common in the HVAC industry. I'm glad
I found a reliable, helpful dealer on the internet. He's a prince
among HVAC men.