Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney

Default Taping house wrap

On 2005-12-03, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

No, you can't tape felt very well. Why would you as it is not going
to perform as well as Tyvek. Building a second rate house?

There is some debate as to whether plastic house wraps outperform
felt. See, e.g., the first google hit on "house wrap comparison":
http://www.umass.edu/bmatwt/publications/articles/housewraps_feltpaper_weather_penetration_barriers. html
In the absence of compelling evidence that plastic house wrap is
superior, I'll stick with the tried and true. I will be using Home
Slicker under cedar sidewall shingles to provide a positive drainage
plane, that is an invention that makes alot of sense to me.

Cheers, Wayne