Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Killian

Default what is the best current replacement for diazinon?

yaofeng wrote:
Tim Killian wrote:

john wrote:

Speaking of which, do you know you can still get R-12 freon outside of
the country? I was in Aruba earlier this year and found a gas station
convenient store fully stocked with shelves of R-12. It is not a buck
a can like the good ole days. Still I think it will be a commodity in
demand if someone can get it in the country. It is $5 and change a can
and made in Singapore.

you would have a better chance of getting cocaine into the country

And probably spend less time in Club Fed if caught. The funny part in
this saga is that the Chinese now manufacture millions of tons of R-12
and other CFC the enviros go nuts over, but no one really says much
about it.

Care to provide some evidence to this fact? Millions of tons of R-12?
For what? All Chinese automobiles are foreign license assembled in
China. None are using R-12 in the same way they, or any other third
world country for that matter, don't need massive investment in land
lines but rather leap frog to cell phones.

Su

http://tinyurl.com/dp8ta

This is data from '02, so you'll need to double or triple the numbers
for '05 given the crazy economic growth rate in the PRC. It shows the
Chinese use hundreds of thousands of tons of CFCs for blow agents,
refrigerants, and fire protection agents. Much of it is produced on
equipment we sold them after the production of these products was banned
in the U.S.

Yes, they've signed treaties saying they will stop using CFCs, so what?
They will undoubtedly be ignored -- just look at how poorly they enforce
anti-piracy laws for IP and entertainment media. The PRC does what it
wants, and enviros who dare to protest over there are summarily jailed.