Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roof / Drip Edge / Fascia

"Do you have a soffit and eave overhang
that extends out past the outside wall face?"

Yes. Again (see reply to Colbyt) I apologize for the confusion. I'm
definitely not knowledgeable in these matters. Late last winter I got a
construction guy out here and we dug a trench along a small part of the
front wall. This part is between the front steps and the garage wall. I
expected to see holes, damaged block, erroded mortar or some other way
for the water to invade. To my surprise, the blockwork was in excellent
shape. (So said the construction guy). As I noted in the previous
reply, I'll be doing some work along the longest part of the front of
the house next spring (tar / visquine / french drain / re-grade). But,
if I don't see damaged blockwork, what could be putting water into my
crawlspace at such a rate that I occasionally get running water? (The
water doesn't come up from the dirt floor. I've looked into that.)
Thanks very much for your consideration.