Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default Roof / Drip Edge / Fascia

wrote in message
oups.com...
My house was built in 1978; I bought it seven years ago. About four
years ago I started having problems with water getting into my (large)
crawlspace. I've read a good bit, including "drip edge" posts in this
group. There is about a 3/4" gap between my roof decking and the top of

my wood fascia. From my reading, it appears that the drip-edge was not
installed. I think water is getting into the blockwork via the gap. The

gutters seem to be pretty tight against the fascia, but maybe that's
misleading.

Is my assumption correct the gap and drip edge?
If not, do I need to fill the gap by adding a small board atop the
fascia? Or, maybe, make a custom-bend of aluminum to act as both
drip-edge and gap-plugger?
I've had a home inspector out here a couple of times over the years. He

never mentioned this, so I've sort-of assumed the gap was normal
construction.
If this is a problem, I don't want to solve it by re-roofing. The bucks

I read this a couple of times. What I think I read is that your home is
block construction and you think water may be getting into the block from
the roofline.

Clarify that for me and others.

Most water in the crawlspace comes from no gutters, gutters dumping without
a splash block or improper grading of a yard to get the water away from the
house. Check these first

Houses on hill sides sometimes receive water from above and there is the
occasional wet weather spring to contend with.

Awaiting your response.

Colbyt