Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Electrically conductive paint?

Bob in Phx wrote:
Well, as an amateur, here is what I have found works.

1. The oil, as you call it, is from the human body. i.e. fingers. The best
way to remove it is to use rubbing alcohol.
2. The longest lasting thing I have found to fix "worn out buttons" is to
clean the pad with alcohol and then put a dap of contact cement or rubber
cement on the pad. Then put down a little circle or square of standard old
kitchen aluminum foil. Press and hold the foil to the button for a couple of
minutes and then reassemble the remote. Its been working for me for about
three years on the garage remote that gets used 3 or 4 times a week.....

Simple Green works very well too, sucks the oil right out of your hands too.