Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default Electrically conductive paint?

"Jerry G." wrote in message
oups.com...
There is a remote control service kit available for the keypad
conductor repair. This kit is available at many of the electronic parts
suppliers, who supply parts for TV and electronic device servicing.
Note that the cost is not cheap.

I've also had some success with self adhesive aluminium tape. I cut it into
small squares and stick it over the faulty rubber pads. It usually works
great but like the silver paint job will not necessarily last for years.
Having said that, a roll of tape would do hundreds of remotes and it's
pretty cheap stuff. It has the advantage of flexiing with the pad, whereas
the silver paint may eventually wear out or crack..

Dave